Eifukuji Temple
An ancient temple where you can see the spirit of the ancient capital without leaving Chiba
Sakao Goroji, a vassal of the Chiba clan, built Myoken-do Hall in 1130, and the predecessor of this temple was founded the following year. During the Edo period, the temple's name was changed to its current name. The temple is home to the "Tsuriro" (hanging lantern), a prefectural cultural property, and the "Chiba Myoken Daiengi Emaki" (not open to the public). The cherry trees planted within the temple grounds at the time of the temple's founding bloom beautifully in the spring.
| Store/facility name | Eifukuji Temple |
|---|---|
| Reading | Eifukuji |
| Phone Number | 043-261-4686 |
| Address | 3869 Omiyacho, Wakaba Ward, Chiba City |
| Access | [Train/Bus] Take the bus from JR Chiba Station to Omiya Danchi via Senjyo Station, get off at Sakao, and walk for about 5 minutes. |
| Info | ・Eating and drinking, bringing pets, and taking photos using tripods are prohibited within the temple grounds. |
| Parking | *Parking is for related parties only. There are no paid parking lots, so please use public transportation when coming. |
| URL | https://eifukuji3535.or.jp/ |
